Thursday, June 4, 2009

New toy!

I mentioned in my post the other day that I just ordered a new lens and I'm anxiously waiting its arrival! It's the new Nikon 35mm f1.8 AF-S lens. You can read more about it here. It's a fast, reasonably priced prime lens that's great for low light and awesome depth of field.





I currently have the 50mm f1.8, but unfortunately (or fortunately) can only be used in manual focus on the camera model that I have. Which was good practice, but was mainly only good for taking pictures of things that weren't moving. :) So needless to say, I was psyched when Nikon announced the release of this lens, which would auto-focus on my camera.

It's supposed to arrive tomorrow, so I'm sure there will be much picture taking this weekend! Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Glad you're back to blogging, lady :-)

Sara said...

Your pictures of your nephew are AMAZING! what kind of camera do you have?

Colleen said...

Thanks Sara, I have a Nikon D60, the D60 and the D40 are both good "entry level" SLR's

Jen said...

I just got this lens too and I LOVE it! I have a D40 and it's been great for the food photography in my blog.

Nani said...

Hi! This lens is next in my to-get list :) Looking forward to hear all good things about it!